Here are a few highlights from this issue:
- Figure of the week: +1.8%, The UK's 2016 GDP growth (revised 2nd estimate)
- U.S.: Consumption, manufacturing, and inflation all accelerate
- UK: Resilience in 2016, but likely to fade from mid-2017
- Greece: A compromise is possible
- Germany: Strong business sentiment at the start of the year
The Weekly Export Risk Outlook (WERO) is produced every Wednesday by the Euler Hermes Country Risk Unit. Euler Hermes has 1,500 risk experts worldwide in more than 50 countries to provide you with top-notch analysis on global trends impacting world trade conditions today. Our worldwide team of economists, risk analysts and researchers conduct daily analysis and utilize regional expertise to compile the Weekly Export Risk Outlook.
The Weekly Export Risk Outlook is broken out in three informative sections:
- “In the Headlines” focuses on this week’s attention-grabbing headlines and figures, providing the Euler Hermes’ perspective for each.
- “Countries in Focus” investigates trade conditions classified in four main world economic regions.
- “What to Watch” draws attention to the significant economic and political moves expected in the coming weeks.
Our research approach consists of analyzing hundreds of quantitative and qualitative economic indicators to help us better evaluate the economic, political, business environment, commercial and financing risks (more on our methodologies can be found here). Through our collected analysis, we are able to provide readers with our Euler Hermes’ perspective on recent developments in emerging markets worldwide, country risk implications and the most important economic events of the week. Armed with this information, you have actionable economic intelligence at your fingertips to help steer your business.
Sign-up to start receiving the Weekly Export Risk Outlook directly to your inbox, and stay informed of the latest news and developments that could impact world trade conditions and affect your business. Subscribe now!
The Euler Hermes Economic Research team produce a variety of publications that address various aspects of the current economic climate. They include Economic Outlooks and Economic Insights.